Hello! My name is Bree Smith and I am currently a Sophomore at the University of South Alabama. Im a 19 year-old Elementary Education major, and I cant wait to start teaching! I have wanted to teach children for as long as I can remember. Children have just always been a passion of mine and they always brighten my day. I am currently employed at a local school and I have my very own class that I watch over everyday. While my job can be very stressful, it has also taught me many things about what I want to incorporate into my classroom and how I plan on teaching my future students.

My goal for this blog is to explain to everyone what I would like to incorporate into my classroom and how I want to use these things. My goals include utilizing things like blogs, life lessons, and how to have fun while learning. These are all very important to me, and I feel that it is very important for my students to learn these as well. I hope you enjoy!

Thursday, November 6, 2008

How to Make My Class Fun!

One thing that I am really excited about when it comes to strating my teaching carrer is thinking of fun and exciting ways to keep my students engaged and have fun learning. I hope to incorprate games, outdoors, and even trips in my teaching. Since I plan on teaching younger children, I know that making learning fun is very important since their attention is only held for so long before they get bored. I plan on thinking of new and exciting things everyday to keep them loving school and wanting to come back!

The first thing that I plan on doing is using the outdoors as a means of teaching. There are planty of activities that my class could do just in nature that would be fun and educational. We could look at different kinds of flowers and plants to learn about the water cycle, and even pick out different animals in nature. Another thing that I plan on doing is creating some kind of fun reading area inside my classroom. I would love to make a colorful and comfortable place for the children to simply relax and read every once in a while.

Rules are something that can get very boring in the classroom and the students may even feel constricted because of them. On thing that I would like to do is maybe turn the rule making activity into a game. I would love to hear a rule from each one of my students that we could put into effect, and maybe even reward them for following the rules. There are planty of other things that I would love to do in my classroom, but these are just a few. I know that I could go on and on, but these should do for now!

No comments: