Hello! My name is Bree Smith and I am currently a Sophomore at the University of South Alabama. Im a 19 year-old Elementary Education major, and I cant wait to start teaching! I have wanted to teach children for as long as I can remember. Children have just always been a passion of mine and they always brighten my day. I am currently employed at a local school and I have my very own class that I watch over everyday. While my job can be very stressful, it has also taught me many things about what I want to incorporate into my classroom and how I plan on teaching my future students.

My goal for this blog is to explain to everyone what I would like to incorporate into my classroom and how I want to use these things. My goals include utilizing things like blogs, life lessons, and how to have fun while learning. These are all very important to me, and I feel that it is very important for my students to learn these as well. I hope you enjoy!

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Blogs in the Classroom

One thing that I would love to integrate into my classroom when I begin teaching is blogs. Blogs have many uses and can be very helpful when it comes to relaying messages to my students or even posting events that have happened or will happen soon. Blogs also allow you to add things like gadgets that can be helpful and entertaining to students.

The first thing that I would definitely do with my blog is allow students to access it to view upcoming assignments or events that are going to happen in the classroom. Blogs can be a great way to remind about field trips that can be easily forgotten. Another way that blogs can be used is by posting pictures or even comments about students who have excelled each week and why. I would love to pick one student each week and write a post about what they have done that week to excel. I would also love to post pictures of what we have been doing in the classroom, such as activities, games, or even projects. This is a good way to keep parents involved and let them actually see what their children are learning. Overall, I feel that blogs will be extremely useful in improving my classroom!

No comments: