Hello! My name is Bree Smith and I am currently a Sophomore at the University of South Alabama. Im a 19 year-old Elementary Education major, and I cant wait to start teaching! I have wanted to teach children for as long as I can remember. Children have just always been a passion of mine and they always brighten my day. I am currently employed at a local school and I have my very own class that I watch over everyday. While my job can be very stressful, it has also taught me many things about what I want to incorporate into my classroom and how I plan on teaching my future students.

My goal for this blog is to explain to everyone what I would like to incorporate into my classroom and how I want to use these things. My goals include utilizing things like blogs, life lessons, and how to have fun while learning. These are all very important to me, and I feel that it is very important for my students to learn these as well. I hope you enjoy!

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Creating a Comfortable Atmosphere

Creating a comfortable atmosphere for my students is one thing that I am very focused on . I want my students to feel ay home when they walk into class each morning and that they can share things with me in confidence. One way that I want my classroom to be comfortable is by allowing my students to speak their mind, within ceratin boundaries of course. While I don't want them to blurt out every comment that comes to mind, especially if it is potentially harmful to other students, I do want them to be comfortable enough to know that they can speak their mind and not be judged.

I would also love for my students to feel like the classroom is a place where learning is fun, not just a something that is drilled into their heads. I know that sometimes learning can be very overwhelming, especially for very young children. By making it fun, however, I thik that they will want to come to class every day to see what new activity I have in store for them. I am so excited about getting started with teaching and really putting my ideas to practice!

No comments: